Monday, June 15, 2015

Coming Up Strong

I just came in from a walk around the yard and I feel quite elated. All the seedlings and transplants are coming up strong. There are blossoms on the Tomatillos and some of the tomato plants are up tow of three rungs higher in their "cages" and I will have plenty of peppers to pickle and freeze if they continue at the rate they are growing.  The lettuce is nearly ready to eat as well as chard and kale that can soon be picked. Even the broccoli is looking like it may grow up straight and tall!
The orange raspberries are ripening faster than the grandchildren can get over to eat them and the red ones have produced abundantly though only a hand full have been ripe enough to eat.
On my next day off it will be time for me to thin the beets and carrots. Soon I will be able to dig up the potatoes that came up early from seed left in the ground and our first crop of garlic will follow right behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment